This is a follow-up post to one I wrote back in February, in which I discussed how you can no longer listen to mixes on 8tracks without streaming the tracks from YouTube, unless you are in the US or Canada. At the time, I hadn’t yet thought of a way to allow the mixes to be heard internationally (which would include me, except 8tracks allows you to listen to your own mixes). But then I had an inspiration, and honestly I feel silly for not hitting on it before.
- Split Seven Ways — It’s Real for Us
- Stephanie and the Quaffles — Magic
- How Airplanes Fly — Leave You Behind
- Lauren Fairweather — Worst Memory
- Split Seven Ways — Just Say It
- Riddle™ — Look at Me
- Gadding With Ghouls — Winner Takes All
- Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls — Without You
- Lauren Fairweather — Keep Her Safe
- Hawthorn & Holly — Oh, Child of Mine
- Riddle™ — Dark Wizard
- Obliviate! — In Her Eyes
- The Lost Diadems — Eyes to Die For
- The Butterbeer Experience — For You
- The Mudbloods — A Pensieve Full of Unrequited Love
Today is Hermione’s birthday, so I thought I’d share a few of my favourite Hermione songs to celebrate the occasion. These ones are not Romione songs (even though Romione songs are always sweet), but songs about Hermione herself.
Such a cute song on a topic that’s hardly ever sung about, and certainly not from Hermione’s point of view! Kristine takes the journey of the Seven Potters and turns it into a triumphant flight that’s all Hermione’s own, and utterly breathtaking.
It’s 2016 and wizard rock is still a thing. And you know what? It’ll always be a thing, as long as there are people listening to it, making it and encouraging others to do the same.
Hello, readers! It’s been a little while. Here are some things that are new (or new-ish; I’m a bit slack) in the wrock world.
I don’t remember when I got the idea for a wizard rock site focused on lyrics, only that I finally caved and founded this place in August 2014, at a different URL. Back then, all the lyrics were posted on actual blog posts backdated to the date of the song’s release. About a year later, I decided that I wanted to overhaul this place and make it more organised (and yes, more aesthetically pleasing). So, in November 2015, I released version 2.0 of this site and (rather clumsily) explained my motives for the change here. I wrote:
This [the original system] meant that all the posts contained tags to make it easier to search lyrics — all the Romione songs were in the ‘hermione granger / ron weasley’ tag, for instance. All those tags are now GONE — I know it makes it just that much harder to find a stack of Romione (and who doesn’t love a stack of Romione?), but moving lyrics from blog posts to pages means that I can focus on uploading rather than tagging (and isn’t that the whole point?).
If you have an 8tracks account, you may have got the following message in your email inbox on the 13th:
We’ll no longer stream from 8tracks’ servers to listeners outside the US and Canada; instead, we’ll offer the ability to tune into playlists on the 8tracks website via YouTube video playback. Unfortunately, listeners outside the US and Canada will no longer be able to stream playlists through the 8tracks iOS and Android apps.
Your 8tracks profile and playlists will not be affected and you will continue to be able to stream any playlists with tracks you’ve personally uploaded.
All of your playlists will continue to be accessible to listeners anywhere our content is available around the world. You will still be able to make and share playlists with everyone, however, your personal listening experience may be limited depending on which country you are in.
- The Curse Breakers — Be My Dementor
- Let’s Lumos! feat. Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls — Amortentia
- Percy and the Prefects — Penelope Clearwater
- How Airplanes Fly — To Fall in Love
- The Parselmouths — Heartbreaker
- Ginny and the Weasleys — The Valentine Song
- Obliviate! — Sparks
- The Mudbloods — I Wish You’d Be My Witch
- Roonil Wazlib — Green Eyes
- Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls — The Meaning of Lonely
- The HMS Wolfstar — Give Me the Moon
- Ginny and the Heartbreakers — The Happiest Day
- Oblivate! — Portkey to You
- Split Seven Ways — Come Home Tonight
- Hawthorn & Holly — Timeturner
- Roonil Wazlib — Mollywobbles
- Anvil and the Hints — Thank You, Amortentia
- Romilda Vane and the Chocolate Cauldrons — Seventeen
- Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls — Lupin’s Tale
- How Airplanes Fly — Chocolate Frog Card
- Ginny and the Heartbreakers — Dragons and Beasts
- Riddle™ — Ballad of Ron and Hermione
- Split Seven Ways — Hand on My Heart
- Creevey Crisis — Not Standing Silent
- Let’s Lumos! — Dentist’s Daughter